How to tell if you have anxiety
Have you experienced a period of intense fear or discomfort in which 4 (or more) of the following symptoms developed abruptly and reached a peak within 10 minutes?
- Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Trembling or shaking
- Sensations of shortness of breath or smothering
- Feeling of choking
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Nausea or abdominal distress
- Feeling dizzy, unsteady, lightheaded or faint
- Derealization (feelings of unreality) or depersonalization (being detached from oneself)
- Fear of losing control or going crazy
- Fear of dying
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Chills or hot flashes
4 or more of these symptoms may be signs of a panic attack, and you are encouraged to seek help from a Medical or Mental Health Professional.
This information is not intended to diagnose or take the place of medical advice or care you receive from your physician or health care professional. If you have ongoing problems, or have more questions please consult with your doctor.